Imprensa

Press

« Voltar « Back

French insurer CNP enters billion-dollar JV with Caixa

Por: Latin LawyerImprimirVisualizar em PDF

French insurance company CNP Assurance has hired Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados in São Paulo to enter a joint venture with Caixa's insurance unit for 4.65 billion Brazilian reais (US$1.1 billion).

Brazilian state-owned Caixa Seguridade Participações relied on Pinheiro Neto Advogados. It is thought that Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in São Paulo and New York also advised CNP, but this could not be confirmed prior to publication. The deal was signed on 29 August.

The deal gives Caixa Seguridade a 60% stake in the joint venture and 49% of its voting share. CNP holds the remaining 51% alongside 40% of the economic rights.

CNP, which paid more than a billion dollars for the tie-up, will be able to sell life insurance through Caixa's 4,000 branches across Brazil until 2041 as result of the deal. The agreement replaces a previous partnership between CNP and Caixa Seguridade, which had sold a variety of insurance policies through Caixa.

Caixa Seguridade, which is one of Brazil's largest insurance companies, expects to close another insurance partnership to sell automotive and home insurances.

CNP is also present in neighbouring Argentina.

      

Counsel to CNP Assurance

Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr e Quiroga Advogados

Partners Marcelo Mansur Haddad, Luciana Dias Prado, Thomaz del Castillo Barroso Kastrup, João Ricardo de Azevedo Ribeiro, Eduardo Damião Gonçalves, Flavio Mifano and Thiago Luís Sombra, and associates Karen Ferraz de Aguiar Schiavon, Paula Calheiros da Costa, Flavia Hammerle Rezende, Mary Fukugakiuchi Hamasaki, Beatriz Cristina Araújo Perez, Guilherme Martins Bouzan, Scylla de Moraes Barros Fucs, Gustavo Gumier Motta, João Vicente Pereira de Assis, Giovanna Camargo e Orru, Rodrigo de Madureira Pará Diniz, Pedro Correa Falcone and Mario Márcio Saadi Lima in São Paulo. 

Counsel to Caixa Seguridade Participações


Pinheiro Neto Advogados

Partners Fernando Mirandez Del Nero Gomes, Henrique Lang and Jorge Lopes, counsel Marcos Saldanha Proença, and associates Rodolfo Figliolini Schreuders, Leonardo Baracat Bedicks, Tiago Moreira Vieira Rocha and Ferrari Chauffaille in São Paulo.

Compartilhar:
Faça parte do nosso mailing Join our mailing Receba em primeira mão publicações
e comunicados do escritório
Get firsthand publications
and communications office

São PauloRua Hungria, 1100. 
01455-906
Tel: +55 (11) 3247-8400
Fax: +55 (11) 3247-8600ver mapasee map

Rio de JaneiroRua Humaitá, 275 - 16º andar. 
22261-005
Tel: +55 (21) 2506-1600
Fax: +55 (21) 2506-1660ver mapasee map

BrasíliaSAFS, Qd. 2, Bloco B
Ed. Via Office 3º andar.
70070-600
Tel: +55 (61) 3312-9400
Fax: +55 (61) 3312-9444ver mapasee map

Palo Alto228 Hamilton Avenue, 3rd floor
CA 94301 USA
Tel: +1 650-798-5068ver mapasee map

Termos de Uso
Política de Privacidade